Looking for bumper plans for a 98 k1500 Suburban free

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kombi

Reaction score
Im making my 98 k1500 Suburban an odd road camper. Im looking for some free plans to build a front and rear bumpers. Yes I know cardboard make a mock up. But I stink at that. I can cut, weld and mod. Just stink at first design. Anyone have a location of free plans or ones they can share. My only mods I really want is a which mount and 2" receiver.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can extend the bumper mounts, weld a plate in place, pie cut and bend the corners of a stock bumper to make a winch mount like we did on this square burb I used to have. You could fit a hitch easily enough behind the plate.

You must be registered for see images attach

kombi

Reaction score
I can cut and weld. No problem. Its the layout. If I did it by hand....cardboard layout. It would not be straight or well even.

kombi

Reaction score
You can extend the bumper mounts, weld a plate in place, pie cut and bend the corners of a stock bumper to make a winch mount like we did on this square burb I used to have. You could fit a hitch easily enough behind the plate.

I do like the look. But want something different

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score

That looked really good.

kombi

Reaction score
Im going for a "matched set" front and back. The back will need a swing arm for the spare and 2 jerry cans. I know the rear barn doors cant handle the weight of the tire and 1 can. Tire on 1 door. can on other.