Long Tube Headers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan97C1500

Reaction score
I found these on summit racing and was curious as to whether anyone had used the brand. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/psm-70-2262

I'm looking at getting the long tube headers with the EGR bung built on. was curious if anyone knew of different brands/options would prefer to stay with long tube and also keep the EGR to keep my mpgs.

also quick question i cant seem to remember what the stock pipe sizing on the l31's are anyone know? (its been one of those days)

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i went with hooker competitions, i believe 2.75 inch on mine, has the flange built in along with the optional drill out for an o2 sensor...cant complain except if ya ever gotta get to the plugs it might be a tad aggrivating. for the price i couldnt go wrong $234....i believe a cheap set of flowtechs are around $140. Advanced Auto is running a promo until the 4th.....

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i went with hooker competitions, i believe 2.75 inch on mine, has the flange built in along with the optional drill out for an o2 sensor...cant complain except if ya ever gotta get to the plugs it might be a tad aggrivating. for the price i couldnt go wrong $234....i believe a cheap set of flowtechs are around $140. Advanced Auto is running a promo until the 4th.....

more then likely your talking about these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/big-11500flt/overview/ they will work but goodbye to the egr and you will fail the visual inspection if your state has them also will throw a code and the only way to get rid of that is to have it tuned out.. i have the shorty pacesetter headers they are great.

nitram

Reaction score
I just installed a set of OBX longtubes on my 97 this weekend. They are basically copies of the PaceSetters but in stainless. Fit was really good and they have the EGR and AIR fittings. My truck is not equipped with AIR so I had to block those off. Overall I am impressed with them and they are cheaper than the PaceSetters.
You must be registered for see images