LMC headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had one of the headliners from LMC installed at the beginning of May. It’s already sagging. Has anyone else had this issue? I reached out to them & they’re sending a replacement. I figured this may help someone else who deals with them. Their response was quick and they didn’t give me any flack.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ABS Headliner substrates are a joke and they should be avoided. They’re heavy, thick and not designed to handle high heat. There’s a reason GM and other OEM’s don’t use ABS. The factory headliner substrate can be reused. It just requires some patience to scrape the old foam off. Aftermarket suppliers use ABS because thermoforming is a cheap way to make a part. They do not meet GM impact or thermal test requirements.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ABS Headliner substrates are a joke and they should be avoided. They’re heavy, thick and not designed to handle high heat. There’s a reason GM and other OEM’s don’t use ABS. The factory headliner substrate can be reused. It just requires some patience to scrape the old foam off. Aftermarket suppliers use ABS because thermoforming is a cheap way to make a part. They do not meet GM impact or thermal test requirements.
My OEM headliner substrate was ruined on the edges. Looks like it got wet at some point in time.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strange, I've had an LMC headliner in my truck for over 2 years. I did use extra velco on the initial install, other than that, no issues.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strange, I've had an LMC headliner in my truck for over 2 years. I did use extra velco on the initial install, other than that, no issues.
That’s reassuring. Hopefully the replacement they send hold up.

HHoldred88

Reaction score
good comments. My backer is splitting apart so I'm not sure about replacing the face (Which I've Done Several times back in the 80's). Thought about spraying with fiberglass resin to make it hold up? What about a source for the headliner material if I chouse to replace it

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good comments. My backer is splitting apart so I'm not sure about replacing the face (Which I've Done Several times back in the 80's). Thought about spraying with fiberglass resin to make it hold up? What about a source for the headliner material if I chouse to replace it
With the OEM headliner you have to scrape all the foam off of the headliner to get the adhesive to stick. Once the foam is gone use a contact cement to reglue the headliner. I use fabric frim WalMart or Amazon. A little thicker fabric is better because the glue bleeds thru thinner fabric. I still put the glue on in thin coats to avoid bleed thru. The fabric in my truck is almost 1/8" thick. I have done quite a few G bodies and 400's this way.
SEWLOW is the expert on interiors.