Lifted Dually Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
If you're lucky, you can find the spacers in junkyards. I've seen a few on ebay but they're usually $200+ per pair, still in junkyard shape. Mine are $90 plus shipping, already primed and painted with new studs and lug nuts.

I would recommend a DRW Ford or GM Dana 60 for the front. Spacers are not needed if you SAS it. If you use a front axle from a dually, you wont need anything to convert it since it's already DRW. If you get one from a single rear wheel truck, you'll need DRW hubs that match the axle.

GM Dana 60s are usually $500-900 and will also require a transfer case swap. Ford Dana 60s are usually $800-1200.
You can get 99-04 Super Duty Dana 60s a little cheaper, but they use unit bearings, a metric lug pattern, and a different spring perch width.
If you want to use coils instead of leaf springs, you could also use the 94+ Dodge or 05+ Ford Dana 60. Both use unit bearings, the Ford is again a metric lug pattern. If you find a deal on a unit bearing axle, they can be converted to the older style spindle/hub with tapered bearings. Price on that conversion varies greatly depending on how much you pay for the knuckles, what you can find used vs new, and whether or not you want to convert to 35 spline outters.

4.88 with 38s comes to nearly the same overall ratio as 4.10 with 31s. 2000 rpm in overdrive is 62 mph instead of 60.