Lester622 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think Ive ever see the dash crack on those models. I have two of those dashes myself hanging in the garage. Ive been looking for a set of those Eagle Alloy 20s for quite a while, so if you decide to off them, let me know. What size are they anyway width wize?

I think there 8 inch width. I dnt think I am going to use them but I think shipping would suck

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think Ive ever see the dash crack on those models. I have two of those dashes myself hanging in the garage. Ive been looking for a set of those Eagle Alloy 20s for quite a while, so if you decide to off them, let me know. What size are they anyway width wize?
Obviously you haven't been in the dually...

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know I have been in the dually-but I didnt notice your dash being cracked. I must be lucky, I have three un-cracked ones.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost every dash but friends 98 with 80k miles does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If you were closer, there's a pick and pull here with at least fifty GMT400s about a third of them 96-99/01 most have great dashboards.
Mine had no cracks in it till we moved, it flexed sitting on an old tool box and cracked across three of the defrost slots. Was going to plastic weld them back.. but figured just shave the dang thing cause it's gonna crack eventually like they always do. Hopefully something will work out for ya bro.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you were closer, there's a pick and pull here with at least fifty GMT400s about a third of them 96-99/01 most have great dashboards.
Mine had no cracks in it till we moved, it flexed sitting on an old tool box and cracked across three of the defrost slots. Was going to plastic weld them back.. but figured just shave the dang thing cause it's gonna crack eventually like they always do. Hopefully something will work out for ya bro.

I just fixed the crack and smoothed and primed the broke one, didnt plan on painting the dash but oh well, just have to keep from not painting and smoothing the rest of the plastics lol.

Ya the pullapart yard here has a bunch of 95-99 but peaple just destroy stuff there. They break most of them by ripping the bezel off.

I was told by the older guy at work that there was actually a recall on them when they were new because they tightened the bolts to tight from the factory and it would crack the top.