Lester622 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured id throw this in here. I have a bunch of parts im not using from the copper truck and other stuff I had laying around that I bought and never used I decided to build a nice daily driver and something to tow the other one around with. Picked this 96 up for $500 with a blown v6. Bought a wrecked 95 with good 350 and 4l60e that is going to go in it after its painted.

truck will be black, with black interior, 22 inch wheels, escalade front end, 4/6 drop kit, and bed off the copper truck (building a new bed for the crew cab).

You must be registered for see images attach

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sold my dually and I decided to get this on the road so I can tow the crew cab around and plus its taking up garage space at the moment.

The crew cab I have been just collecting parts for. Finally got the body mounts in Friday(only took 2 months), picked up some air ride technology tubular lower control arms for it off of craigslist.

dyed the door panels black

Been looking for a dash that isn't cracked for a while, thought I found one drove an hour and a half and it ended up being cracked by the defrost vents tried to fix it a few times and I ended up just breaking it up and throwing it in the garbage (it was the 98 style dash in the picture above), Finally gave up looking and took this one out the wrecked truck fixed the crack and am just gonna smooth and paint it black. Wanted to leave it textured and just dye it but oh well

Bought a suburban off craigslist and these where on it, there only 20s and am not sure if im gonna use these or the 22s I bought that need to be painted.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The ext. cab is coming along nicely, I have several dash's, but shipping would be crazy!

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Wow you have a lot of time and you have so many trucks. Looking good.

Reaction score
Lol, ^^^^^^^^^^ what he said!
Man that's awesome tho, you don't play..lol. those 20s off the burb look sick bro. I'd rather have those than the 22s I got now :(
You could try to use a soldering iron on the back side of the dash crack, melt and fold the plastic along the crack.. just watch not to poke thru the top, unless the top of the crack is to gaped up. Possibly save the texture look?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol, ^^^^^^^^^^ what he said!
Man that's awesome tho, you don't play..lol. those 20s off the burb look sick bro. I'd rather have those than the 22s I got now :(
You could try to use a soldering iron on the back side of the dash crack, melt and fold the plastic along the crack.. just watch not to poke thru the top, unless the top of the crack is to gaped up. Possibly save the texture look?

I cant get to the back where its cracked at since its right above the indention where the gauges go. I used this 2 part stuff that is a powder and a glue and when you mix the 2 it welds the plastic back together stuff works really good.

I use the soldering iron method at work to fix bumpers and other stuff but for some reason I couldn't get it to work by the defrost vents on the last dash I think the plastic is just to thin there.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow you have a lot of time and you have so many trucks. Looking good.

Lol I don't really work on them all that much other than on weekends and that's only for a couple of hours here and there. I have a bunch of trucks but most of them will end up being scrap. Its cheaper here to buy a whole truck for a couple parts then it is to try and just buy the parts.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ext. cab is coming along nicely, I have several dash's, but shipping would be crazy!

Ya shipping would be crazy, I wish you were closer ive looked at every yard from here to Mississippi and cant find a single dash that's not broke or destroyed.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think Ive ever see the dash crack on those models. I have two of those dashes myself hanging in the garage. Ive been looking for a set of those Eagle Alloy 20s for quite a while, so if you decide to off them, let me know. What size are they anyway width wize?