LED Parking lights- what are these??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got in my new set of parking lights. This is my third set because I'm buying them for friends, but its the first set to come with 4 large ballast looking things wired to them. Are they load equalizers? I already have an LED flasher relay installed so can I just unplug these? Or could they be LED controllers
You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I have those, and I came to the conclusion that they were either load equalizers, or something needed for them to light up. My whole exterior is LED and I don't have rapidflash, so I figured they were load equalizers. I just stuffed them in there where they fit, they shouldn't be any problem, just leave them on there, it might mess something up.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I installed them yesterday, and I think they are voltage regulators as well as resistors. I have LED tails so I couldn't test for hyper flash without them. They work great however! I have zero complaints. I am running out of room back there now with 4 HID ballasts and now 4 of these!

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
If it's not too much trouble would you mind posting some (higher res.) pictures & any more info on these?
I'll be repairing a pair of those for another member (SewLow) soon and I'd like to know what to expect.

T.I.A.

Last edited:

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will try to get them back out to photograph when I'm installing my HID Fogs tonight

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics are in!
One of the 4 Resistors total, 2 per light

This shows where they go into the lights, notice only 2 wires being hot(+) and ground (-)

Between the resistors and actual lights are these quick disconnects, I'm assuming so the resistor can be swapped easily if bad, or unused if the user decides to NOTE! The manufacturer did not state what the consequences of not using them would be, just that they would not advise it. I have plenty of room back there so I used them!

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
o_O

Those boxes trip me out. I don't understand why they're so frikin huge.
For what they should be for- could be packaged inside a cope' can.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know, they scared me too thats why I asked everyone! lol I assume they do more than just load equalizing to be that size. and have FOUR of them! My LEDS worked like normal without them, but if they are voltage protectors of some kind then I wanted them, so I found spots to put them. I found they slide in vertically and snugly right below the parking light opening right up against the rad core.