led blowing fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i was trying to install my clear tails on my suburban today, but ran into a problem the brake light worked then wouldnt want to blink. and the top light wouldnt turn on. moved the car, and blew the #1 fuse. do i need a resistor or something?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
There's either a short in your wiring, or a short between the 2 circuits in the LEDs. If there wasn't enough resistance, the LEDs would be the first to smoke.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe the led went first but on superbright leds i just read that the turn signals needed a load resistor

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
just upgrade ur flasher its easier and pretty much the same price plus you can get em at auto zone or other parts stores

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
no they make kled turn signal flasher since leds use much less of an amp draw even u werent blowing the fuse you bulbs would flash fast this fixes that and plays the resisor for leds since your is pre 95 its gonna be ep36 look under the dash behind the ebrak and you will find it loacted at the bottom of a board I think its the one on the left but I have slept since then