Leaf/frame/axle Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpencerW

Reaction score
My truck had 2" Spindles with 4" drop springs and 2" shackle.. My truck does not sit on the frame? How close should 6" drop rearend/frame be?

Today I installed 2" drop coil in addition to the spindle.. Doesnt appear to have lowered it a full 2" and really doesn't look like it lowered it any... I do have the flip kit in the garage and wonder if its worth installing.

In addition, I have a g80 rearend from a tahoe.
Can i swap this rearend with mine if I use my axles? Are they splined different/etc. I understand the flange will be different.

You must be registered for see images attach

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh really? Darn!
It's been forever since I've had my hands on a GMT400 until I recently bought one and I'm getting old and forget a lot nowadays but memory tells me that the housings were wider in the 4x4 GMT400's than the 2wd versions.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been forever since I've had my hands on a GMT400 until I recently bought one and I'm getting old and forget a lot nowadays but memory tells me that the housings were wider in the 4x4 GMT400's than the 2wd versions.
I'm 99 percent sure you are correct.