Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwarze_crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
While looking up the rpo codes, I noticed my pickup is supposed to have keyless entry. I do not have any remotes. How can I go about getting remotes Nd having them programmed to work?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Yup, exactly as great white showed you, I just bought a remote from my local dealer and they programmed it for me.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I've ordered 'em off eBay before and even picked 'em up in the junkyard.

Match the part number and they program just fine.

As long as you actually have a rke module in the truck that is.

I would be surprised if a 2000 did not have rke....a stripper work truck maybe, bit any other model should have rke in a 2000 model.

schwarze_crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like there are a ton on ebay. How do I know which on I need, as some are two button and some are three.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but where exactly is the rke located at anyway? I thought I found it before but it turned out to the amp for the rear door speakers. I have designed a remote start using an Arduino that uses the factory key fob. All you have to do is hit he lock button 4 times in 5 seconds and the truck will start. I just need to find the box to interface into so that only the key fob operates it and not the lock buttons in the vehicle. I installed one on my Grand Am and it works perfect but you can also activate it with the door switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It looks like there are a ton on ebay. How do I know which on I need, as some are two button and some are three.

Pickup: 2 button.

My 1998 part number: gm 16245100-29

model/fcc id: ab01502t

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Not to thread jack, but where exactly is the rke located at anyway? I thought I found it before but it turned out to the amp for the rear door speakers. I have designed a remote start using an Arduino that uses the factory key fob. All you have to do is hit he lock button 4 times in 5 seconds and the truck will start. I just need to find the box to interface into so that only the key fob operates it and not the lock buttons in the vehicle. I installed one on my Grand Am and it works perfect but you can also activate it with the door switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Wow, this whole time I thought it was the other one and was looking for only one connector. Thanks.