keeping my K3500 7.4 truck in open loop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Good question. Fresh engine all new computer, all sensors . no codes. Runs perfect in open loop the minute it goes into closed loop it misfires and runs like crap. Scan tools show everything is fine. O2 working as should long a short term trim is good fuel pressure hangs in a between 55 and 60 psi. Fresh distributor, crank position is spot on. Stainless shorty exhaust new exhaust no cats, no leaks twin 2.5 tubes back to muffler in stock location. 3 different computers all know to be work and turned for this truck. Me been working on car for over 50 years, three different really good techs and scan tools shrug their shoulders. Techs say real time driving data looks right. Test at pin outs all look good. voltage to and from all sensors looks right. Been chasing this for 10 months. A number of folks have commended me for not driving it into my pasture and setting it on fire. 96 to 98 does not allow data record for play back. I just need thing to pull my race trailer to and from the track... It does that in open loop. It is did not have the 4L80 E i would have already stuffed a Qjet and HEI on it. Anything is better than this particular truck.