Keep your OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The simple answer is to know what you have and drive it accordingly. No point driving a 1500 like it's a 3500.
Ain't this the truth! 1992 K1500 4x4 350 with a 700r4 and a 10 bolt here, I know it's a 1500...LOL!

I have owned her for 17 of those 31 years and it has been nothing but great times, for I will never rid myself of her! Yes the paint sucks put that is what Raptor liner is for and I will never have to worry about paint again. She has over 500k on the original engine and that's the only thing I have not rebuilt. Ya, she likes to drink a quart of oil every 1k miles, if it gets worse then I will give her a new heart.

Seven kids have ridden in her, they have all grown up and now it's time to build an overland project for my passenger and I. She might not be pretty like a GMT 800/900 but who gives a flying rip. I hate all the electronics these newer cars have, the '92 is so simple it's a blast to work on. I don't care if she rattles or makes noise, I like when she speaks to me for I know what's up and how she's feeling. Her and I, we glide...slow and high!

Now I need to find her a big brother...'92-'94 k2500 4x4. Let the fun times begin! LOL

Last edited:

Bucknasty

Reaction score
That QC inspector gonna get that 25% pay raise though. Well deserved. /s
I guess you figure that QC inspectors have x-ray vision that would allow them to see the faults inside of a transmission that was made in Mexico then shipped here for assembly? I would say that is more the fault of the cost cutting CEO and executives at GM for having stuff made in Mexico so that they can have 40% raises and more insane bonuses. This kind of crap right here is why our country is owned and ran by corporations because they have trained people who lack critical thinking skills to not even think about placing the blame on CEO's and executives but instead automatically blame Union workers who make solid middle class income with benefits like most workers used to before corporations bought politicians and judges and turned people against Unions. Strength in numbers! Together we win divided we starve! Blame those who deserve to be blamed.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess you figure that QC inspectors have x-ray vision that would allow them to see the faults inside of a transmission that was made in Mexico then shipped here for assembly? I would say that is more the fault of the cost cutting CEO and executives at GM for having stuff made in Mexico so that they can have 40% raises and more insane bonuses. This kind of crap right here is why our country is owned and ran by corporations because they have trained people who lack critical thinking skills to not even think about placing the blame on CEO's and executives but instead automatically blame Union workers who make solid middle class income with benefits like most workers used to before corporations bought politicians and judges and turned people against Unions. Strength in numbers! Together we win divided we starve! Blame those who deserve to be blamed.

Safe to assume you are a union member and not a CEO? ;)

When management is blaming the workers, and the workers are blaming management, you can guess how well that business is going to fare in a competitive market.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The simple answer is to know what you have and drive it accordingly. No point driving a 1500 like it's a 3500.
Having one of each, that get driven in the same areas, I wholeheartedly agree!
Burb will go in the same places/terrain that Rawhide will, he just won't come out unscathed. But Burb handles better than his big brother, and parks a bit easier too.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After almost 2 decades in automotive shop equipment manufacturing what I’ve seen starting in mid 2020 was all the small components are causing the issues with overall quality on everything. First choice component suppliers faced price increases and massive shortages so second and third tier items started being used in their place, and they are cheaper for a reason. Then with all the backlog of incomplete units destined to fill empty dealers shelves it seems the “push” in production to get them out the door saw fitment/assembly quality and attention to detail go downhill.

Ah the joys of a global economy…

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
GM has never been able to come up with a formula to make white paint stick to metal.
My Z28 wears 80% of it's original white paint, none of it has ever flaked off, and the paint that has been replaced was due to fender benders...I will concede it does have some spider webbing on the front and rear "bumpers".

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lighter colors on GM cars and trucks fared better than the darker colors in the 80s. I remember the ole GM paint cracking trick on the darker colors. I worked at a GM authorized body shop back then fixing that mess under warranty. Mostly grey, burgundy, dk blue and black. It would have all these little cracks all over the hoods, roofs, and trunklids. We would chemically strip these areas. Blend in the original paint by feather edge sanding on the sides, tape and repaint the entire car. I think it was the primer they used, and the darker colors absorbing the sunlight. My brothers 84 monte SS was white, and no issues at all. No peeling, no cracking.