k2500 SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olddog1943

Reaction score
I know that there are about 6/7 mfgs. of kits for my truck. They vary in price 200/300 dollars. Some are bolt on, some weld on, and some have crossmembers some do not. The price difference is not that great if your life depends on it. Has anyone had experiences with kits from different companies? I know that 'THE BEST" is subjective, but I would like to know what is the strongest and safest, and if any come with sway bars? I appreciate the knowledge I have gained from this forum, and would like to thank all, in advance. Jim

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running the off-road direct kit on mine, which has the crossmember.
They aren't in business anymore,
It was a bolt on kit. The kit only came with the front crossmember,shackles,shock hoops and ubolt plates. I didn't use the shock hoops due to how they mounted using the factory upper control arm mounts.
With the crossmember, I'm sure it helped strengthen the frame a bit and shouldn't have any issues with the leafspring mounts possibly tweaking side to side in extreme conditions with the kits that don't have the crossmember.
I'm not running s away bar,but am running a Trac bar with the amount of lift I'm running. Around 11" total. 8" springs,with the 3" from the kit. i don't have any excess body roll with the Trac bar installed,with out it, I do get some.

Last edited:

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I have an old ORU kit. It's served me well but I'm leaning towards redoing the set up with 52" long springs or even coil overs. The real question is what are you after? If money isn't an object a 3 link or radius arm set up would be smooth as butter. Just my .02 lol