K2500 Dave's CCSB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Which one have you been putting in? I'm thinking of ordering two of those cheap eBay ones. When the first one dies, I can have a second one. Who knows. The dang thing may last year's.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I've had airtex for the other three and Delphi since November 2014 n it went out today June 2015 Plus my alternator voltage charge reading is low at 1/4 of the gauge instead of nice n perky at 14 like my dads suburban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also when I put my key forward it doesn't jump to 14 it goes slow to the 1/4 as well on the charge gauge
New battery new starter new alternator so idk what it could be possibly wires I'm sick of replacing pumps cause u never know when it's gonna crap.
Gonna change the fuel pump relay as well as trying to rewire the power to the fuel pump something is just not right it's ridiculous

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AND!! I got a rebuilders with new injector spiders flex hose type fuel regulator everything is new it's like wtf!?!? ****** me off with these pumps for real

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Are you getting a CEL Ryan? I'm not, just poor performance.

I've been looking at the pumps online. I know there are quality pumps out there for about $230. Whats up with these $45 and $50 pumps on ebay? I know they've got to be pretty cheap Chinese made pumps, but dang..... For that cheap, I wonder just how bad they'd have to be.

I do have a CEL but I'm thinking that is due to an exhaust leak. Why what are you thinking?

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
I was just curious because I don't have a CEL at 53 psi. My mechanic thought that was unusual given my rough idle. Since you were 3 psi below me, I was just curious.

Has anyone just put the new pump into their old sending unit as opposed to buying the whole new unit?

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Rockauto had the best price for an OEM pump as of 2 weeks ago. Here's what I ordered:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1323994&cc=1033344&jnid=509&jpid=20

Delphi makes the OEM pumps for Chevy/AC Delco just a heads up.
Wow. They have the Delphi for $139. Looks like it's time to break out the debit card. I will keep the old one in the barn. If this new one craps out, I'll just have to run at 53 psi again until the next replacement comes in.

sent via a carrier pigeon baited with mayonnaise.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I was just curious because I don't have a CEL at 53 psi. My mechanic thought that was unusual given my rough idle. Since you were 3 psi below me, I was just curious.

Has anyone just put the new pump into their old sending unit as opposed to buying the whole new unit?

Hmmm. I dont have any sort of rough idle, its just a challenge to get started. Pressure drops off to almost nothing a second after turning the key

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Hmmm. I dont have any sort of rough idle, its just a challenge to get started. Pressure drops off to almost nothing a second after turning the key
Yours sounds like a fuel regulator problem from what I've been told. Maybe someone here with some more experience can confirm that.

sent via a carrier pigeon baited with mayonnaise.