K2500 Dave's CCSB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
OK. So I thought I'd make my little place here to keep track of work on the truck. I don't have plans for a huge build or anything, but mainly maintenance and getting the truck back to where it should.

So far, I've already put a new MPFI unit in that I didn't get a chance to document here.

My slightly rough idle and general lack of power under load is still bothering me. This morning, I put a gauge on the fuel line and noticed I only have 53 psi at the intake manifold, so I think I've found my sluggish issue. Additionally, I had no pressure initially meaning it loses pressure over time. I'm thinking a weak fuel pump that's losing prime. Am I on the right track?

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Geez. You're needy. Ha Ha

Here.

Attachments

• IMAG0976.jpg
    IMAG0976.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0977.jpg
    IMAG0977.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0979.jpg
    IMAG0979.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0980.jpg
    IMAG0980.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0981.jpg
    IMAG0981.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 27

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Here's my fuel pressure at the rail. It holds when I shut the truck off, but it will bleed off over night. I'm pretty sure the regulator is good, I think I have a weak fuel pump that isn't keeping a prime.

Thoughts?

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thats better pressure than I have currently. I'm barely hitting 50. I'm going to swap out the pump in a week or two

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Are you getting a CEL Ryan? I'm not, just poor performance.

I've been looking at the pumps online. I know there are quality pumps out there for about $230. Whats up with these $45 and $50 pumps on ebay? I know they've got to be pretty cheap Chinese made pumps, but dang..... For that cheap, I wonder just how bad they'd have to be.

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Thats better pressure than I have currently. I'm barely hitting 50. I'm going to swap out the pump in a week or two

So I'm thinking about changing the pump within the sending unit rather than replacing the whole thing. The sending unit seems to be fine.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my fuel pump just crapped out a few minutes ago won't start so the psi is fked
But I can pour in some gas in the throttle body and get going to the mechanic shop on Monday I swear this is the fifth or fourth one I've put it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk