K1500 ls swap headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is almost certainly me.

Why have multiple forum sections, and sub-forum specialty sections, if folks are too lazy to use them? Do you file things marked "B" in the file folder marked "R"? Ever tried to find something that's been mis-filed?

If you're a newbie, LOOK AROUND, explore the site before posting. None of these categories are a secret. I will fully acknowledge that this site is not laid-out the way I'd have done it--grouped essentially the same way the Service Manual is laid-out, with specialty sections for typical aftermarket modifications not covered by The Good Book. But it is what it is, and I accepted that when I came on-board.

The whole point to grouping similar questions/topics/problems is so they are more-easily searched for answers, and so that folks like me--who have zero knowledge or interest in certain subjects (Lifted or lowered suspensions, enormous tires, aftermarket automotive sound/video systems, for examples) can avoid that aggravation since I have nothing useful to contribute.
Well said.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is almost certainly me. Just trying to inject some order in the chaos.

Why have multiple forum sections, and sub-forum specialty sections, if folks are too lazy and/or too disorganized and/or too inconsiderate to use them? Do you file things marked "B" in the file folder marked "R"? Ever tried to find something that's been mis-filed?

If you're a newbie, LOOK AROUND, explore the site before posting. None of these categories are a secret. I will fully acknowledge that this site is not laid-out the way I'd have done it--grouped essentially the same way the Service Manual is laid-out, with specialty sections for typical aftermarket modifications not covered by The Good Book. But it is what it is, and I accepted that when I came on-board.

The whole point to grouping similar questions/topics/problems is so they are more-easily searched for answers, and so that folks like me--who have zero knowledge or interest in certain subjects (Lifted or lowered suspensions, enormous tires, aftermarket automotive sound/video systems, for examples) can avoid that aggravation since I have nothing useful to contribute. And so that folks who do have specialized knowledge can easily find--and help--people who post their questions in the designated area for that subject.
You used the word "search" a couple times here,,, can you show me a well functioning search area on this forum?? Been here a while and I can't find it.

This post was created using the sarcasm font :)

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You used the word "search" a couple times here,,, can you show me a well functioning search area on this forum?? Been here a while and I can't find it.
I think the trick is to use whatever search engine is your favorite, but limit the search area to this web site. This applies to most every forum I participate in--the built-in search function is weak at best, and totally-useless at worst. Some disregard any term of three letters or less, which sucks when you're searching for PCV or EGR or TPS.

This is done--I guess--by adding some text to your search terms--a colon or back-slash or tilde or something, and then typing the web address for this site. Probably depends on which search engine you're using.

I tend to use the built-in "advanced search" feature, but I'm not real thrilled with it--enormously too many hits that I then have to sort through to get to where I want to be.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm glad I'm ingnorant about all of this. I'll just keep fumbling around till I find what I need or want. Hell I'll even try to post she I it in the right section. I'm sure if I don't someone with more knowledge will move it. Then everyone is happy and that's all that really matters. NOW BE HAPPY AND GET THE F$@$ ALONG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers