just courious what you guys think my truck is worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thinkin about lettin her go.. just wouldnt mind a few opinions of what a guy could wangle out of her

1998 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
- Vortec 5.7l Automatic ( runs strong and smooth)
- push button 4x4
- fully loaded with leather
- 3rd door
- 256,*** kms
- 2 month old balljoints, tierods, idler & pitman arms, all 4 u joints
new Drilled brake rotors, 3/4 calipers with ceramic pads
- 2 month old 6inch Rough Country lift kit with shocks
and leveling keys so the torsion bars are NOT CRANKED OUT
and a month old Rough Country steering dampner shock
- 2 month old 18 inch Eagle wheels with -12 offset for a nice stance
- 2 month old 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers 500.00 EACH! they are NOT M/T tires so they wont wear out fast
- 2.5 month old Dynomax stainless WELDED Ultra Flo dual in dual out making it TRUE dual exhaust Sounds just right!! with stainless tips
- New Black Grill
- black tail lights
- black projector headlights
- Speedometer has been recalibrated for the 35 inch tires
- New steel cowl hood, color matched
- New wide fender flares, color matched
- New POWER telescoping TOWING mirrors, like on the newer GM HD trucks
- 2010 Silverado emblems
- New Westin Black step bars
- New Reese trailer brake
- NEW HD Aluminum Radiator
- Compustar 2 way remote/alarm starter
- Lund lighted visor
- hidden hitch with trailer brake wiring
- every interior bulb i could get at has been changed to bright white leds
- Matching cab height Raider cap ( with auto light, new prop rods, and NEW handles with keys)
- Pace edwards JACKRABBIT flush mount roll top cover (with key)
- also has a custom built console (the stock one will be included)
- a few custom decals
as you can see there isnt much i havnt done to this truck to make it my own, its my pride and joy and i take care of it, its never been mudded or "gone wheelin" it doesnt get bagged on..There are minor little dings or scratches on the bodies original paint,, its a truck! it had a box liner in it so the box in mint .. there is NO visible rust.. its a great truck and looks good too!! Ive got ALOT of money and time into this unit and it shows, it need NOTHING

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You just did all that work and you want to get rid of it? I hate to tell you this, but you will not even get enough to cover the costs of the mods you've done most likely.

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say 4 to 4500 where you live. Here in the southern states maybe $6500.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Too bad, that truck is "worth" a lot of money, but nobody is gonna give you close to what you've got into it, because if they had that kind of money they'd probably just make their own truck. Where abouts do you live?
I spend a lot of time browsing through kijiji, and see a lot of trucks with price tags on them that people just won't ever get. I'd guess 5-6 for that truck but that's just it, a guess. Around here there just seems to be a ceiling on GMT-400s, they only sell so high no matter how nice they are.

That is one sweet f***ing truck man. If it was mine I'd never sell it.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i paid 6k for a 98 crew dually 1 ton with a new trans and a newer 6.5 and many various other new things and had about 240k miles on it and you have a half ton, while its nice looking i would be surprised if you see anything over 4k for it

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys are probly right.. might just put it up for 10 large and see what happens..lol.... im in Saskatchewan

heres why,, im the type of guy that any small rattle or blemish bothers the hell out of me.. i lifted my truck, just cuz ive never done it.. ive always had lowered s-10's and such, so i wanted to try going up this time.. i think ive decided its not for me.. its too stiff for my liking,,, i do renovations so when i need to haul some garbage its a bit of a climb to get to it.. and my milage, im not blaming the lift, but i get 8.6 MPG,, its just horrible, so ive been loking for a 4 banger s10 to bomb around town and was going to keep my truck cuz i do like it and i need to yank my 14 foot cargo around now and again.. just figured if i could sell the 98 and get like an 02 03 z71 then ide be ok

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Knowing the Canadian market and what people pay for these trucks, definately list that truck for at least $9,500. Seriously. You will get at least $8,000 i'd assume.

People list stock trucks like that up here with the same km's for 5,000 with no rust

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the flares are not cut out ones. just screwed on.
oh i know canuck, the truck alone with no junk on it would sell for 5000-6500 here alone

its listed on kijiji for 9600... HAHA ya never know, im into it for way more then that.. ill keep ya posted on it tho.

its a good truck its not junk by any means . not selling it cuz something is wrong.. just feel lifted isnt for me..

Last edited:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id say probably list it for around 7 around here... ohh, and you got screwed on the terra grapplers... maybe it was just cause your in canada