Just bought a suburban, trying to fix some small things now.Help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h3ooo

Reaction score
Hey well ive been on this site for a while cause of my 98 tahoe. Just yesterday I picked up a suburban(10"lift SAS, on 38's) anyways heres the details on motor

95 suburban
350 tbi
vortec heads
plugs gapped to .060
chipped
new wires
new plugs
new cap and rotor
new fuel filter

So heres the problem. As i was driving home the other day it was running just fine for about 30mins, then out of no where, cruising 65mph, the engine started missing/hesitating. It would really just cut off like there was no fuel. Me thinking the tank was low put about a half tank in and started driving again. When you take off from a stop everything is fine,no hesitation, but if your cruising at anything about 20mph and there is load on the motor it starts hesitatiing with more the 5% throttle. Idling is fine. I havent been able to check fuel pressure yet, but was wondering if anyone had something similar to this happen. I haven't tried the truck today, kinda want to see if it does it when the motor is cold. Im hoping its something simple, cause i really hate dropping the tank on these chevys.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get your ignition module tested. Mine would do that except it was backfiring too.....

h3ooo

Reaction score
Replace the inline filter on the frame rail. Cheap & easy.

you talking about the fuel filter? i just replaced that if so, and is the ignition module the piece at the bottom of the distributor? where do i test that?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you talking about the fuel filter? i just replaced that if so, and is the ignition module the piece at the bottom of the distributor? where do i test that?
Ign module is under the cap of the dizzy. Take or out and have it tested at your local Oreillys or other parts store that can test them

h3ooo

Reaction score
So pulled codes and got a

32 (egr valve)
37 (brake switch stuck on) probably due to me being sas and removing the abs
67(both ac related i dont care ill fix it later)
83 (related to trans shift solenoids) probably because i am using random parts from the 1 ton chevy

so all in all could a faulty egr cause those symptoms? i always thought the egr would affect idling more then anything