Jcloud Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crazy you guys do Landscaping. I own work with my Dad running a Tree Service and Landscaping company. We have been in business for 29 years but i have only been doing it for around 8 years its a hard job sometimes but i enjoy it and we make out very well in the end. Good looking truck Jcloud.

Respect.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What does the add a leaf add??? I've really had the urge to add some more lift like 2" and I really don't want to body lift the truck but I also don't want to crank too much more....The add a leafs may give it 2" or so but then you would have to go way beyond cranking limits to match it and the ride and part wear would suffer drastically but I'm interested to find out how much it would add...

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Um I think you can get add a leaf in sizes. For instance I know a bds kit comes with new parts up front and a add a leaf in the rear to make the rear match in height. So I think it depends on what size add a leaf you get

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
There are different rates of aal's, you could get something that would only lift it maybe 1 inch or you could go with a 2 inch. I for one have never been crazy about them though because I don't tow and I don't build trucks to ride like wagons.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh would it ride terrible with a 1" add a leaf? I have 5.5" blocks out back. Maybe swap them for 6" blocks? I dunno about that route either...Neither sounds terribly awesome...Or alcan 6" springs but then getting more lift just got a lot more expensive...

raymond mckinney

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does stiffen up the rear any time you add a leaf. But it also gives alittle rear lift and helps when pulling trailers and such. And depending on how many leafs you add you may need u-bolts and longer shocks.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Guys so I tried my 4 wheel drive today and my 4 high won't engage but my 4 low works perfect..any thoughts?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4wd actuator. How do you know for sure 4L0 is working? You could just be feeling the low gear. Mine's doing the same thing.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Well I hear it click into 4lo then I put it in drive then release off the brake and my truck takes off..but I guess I could be feeling just the low gear.it seems like 4lo is working correctly..but it doesn't seem like 4high is even budging. Is the actuator a hard fix?