Jasper Engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I have a say so in anyone's choice for engines, transmissions, transfer cases, differentials....etc. Never ever installed any of their products and had a problem. They do custom builds too.

www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/everything-to-know-about-jasper-remanufactured-engines-transmissions/ar-BB1lAYtt?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=c0d95d37c2844f38ae24f5f86fff6bd7&ei=58

Same, but my experience is quite limited. Had a Jasper 4.7L in a WJ Grand Cherokee, it was flawless for 100k miles under my ownership. I sold the Jeep to a neighbor, and he appears to be having no issues either.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm - when I was researching engines, I didn't notice Jasper until after I got my Blue Print but, I'll keep them in mind for the future. Plus, they're only about 1-1/2 hours from my house on (or near) I-10. I can save a couple Benjamins in shipping :biggrin:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Jasper, when it builds their stock engines for their inventory, will go thru and add in any upgrades that the OE manufacturer did during recalls and TSB's. Their stock engines, IMO, are a better option than any OE rebuilder.

I have used their engines at least 25 times over the years. Their transmissions at least 10 times, over the years and also used a reman differential one time.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They used to be the absolute the best in the industry but I did hear of some issues a few years back. Hopefully it was just a bad spell for them.
Lots of times, issues are because of shoddy workmanship of the installation shop. Not always but sometimes. Not flushing out or replacing oil cooler lines, transmission cooler lines and transmission coolers.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That could be the case but the shop that was installing their engines and transmissions is a top notch shop. If I couldn't do my own work it would be this guy I took it to.
Like I said this is going back about 7yrs and I haven't heard anything bad since.
Jasper started off as a race engine builder and built some fine ones. The attention they paid to their racer engines carried over when the branched off into the stock rebuild business. One bad employee can ruin a reputation and hopefully that's what was going on at the time.
If I was in the market for a rebuilt motor they'd be my first call.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Years ago, when I was in shops, Jasper did not sell to the open public. Had to buy from a shop because they would only ship to a shop.

I sold enough engines one year that they took me and a couple other service managers in my area, and drove us from KC, Mo. area to Indianapolis for the 2nd Brickyard 400. That was the year there was a long rain delay, finished race at dusk because at that time the track had no lights and Dale Earnhart won that race. I got to go in the infield where the sponsors tents were and race team tents were and go thru the "chow" line at the Jasper tent to eat. They drove us there the day before and we had rooms at some hotel and jasper paid for all our food and even booze while driving to and from the track back to KC. I had a big bag that I had lots of souvenirs in that I bought for people that knew I was going. I was dead tired when they dropped me off at my truck at the shop I worked at, where I had left it inside the shop.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That could be the case but the shop that was installing their engines and transmissions is a top notch shop. If I couldn't do my own work it would be this guy I took it to.
Like I said this is going back about 7yrs and I haven't heard anything bad since.
Jasper started off as a race engine builder and built some fine ones. The attention they paid to their racer engines carried over when the branched off into the stock rebuild business. One bad employee can ruin a reputation and hopefully that's what was going on at the time.
If I was in the market for a rebuilt motor they'd be my first call.
Yea, that is why I said "sometimes". One bad employee can cause all kinds of problems. That is why, when I ran shops, if I had a "prima dona" type tech, I would first talk away from the other techs and find out if something in his life had changed after I had hired him. Sometimes, that is the problem and the tech can be saved. But if he/she just decided they did not want to do what they promised they would do in the interview, I would let them go. that one bad tech attitude can cause all kinds of problems in a shop and contaminate the other techs. I saw it happen when I was a tech before I became a service manager/writer/advisor.