I've Got Big Plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does it overheat now? a 3 core would work too. You aint doing much motor upgrades so I don't think heat for it is too much of an issue, except for you going to drag it, and then the trans. again add on cooler.

Now as for a th350 and 700 r4 the whole tailshaft should bolt in, both are 4 bolt tails same pattern as for being the right length shaft inside not sure, I have heard the th350 long (9 inch tail) is almost the exact same overall length of the 700r4 give or take maybe 1/4 or less I think it was. As for the speedo gears not sure how or if those will interchange or not. However if you know the rear gear ratio or what you plan to use you can buy the gears online for cheap, like less then 40 or 50 I think, forget actual prices, I thought around $20 for both gears but not sure. The linkage will work fine, I replaced the 700r4 in my 4x4 with a th350. the spline count is the same on the DS, but length again might come into play. I think I'd surf around on the net for the trans. case lengths and check, and if they are correct like I had said, try to get you a th350 long tail. Then it should bolt up fine, as for the mounts not sure. I'll look for th elink I had, had case lengths, different taill lengths and the mount length.

here's you some links I found on length...

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TechInfo/trans_dims.asp

speedo gears

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TC-'Speedometer Gears'-0.aspx

another length chart..

http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/pontiacdude428/tranny.html

Last edited:

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why get a 3 core when i can get a 4 core,,it doesnt overheat now but im gona make dam sure it doesnt,,,bored motors tend to run hotter when abused so im just gona be safe

as for shifter linkage i wont be needing it cuz im getting the b&m starshifter
but the 350 turbo im getting is a short tail i think

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea forgot about the shifter. The way I see it if you got the cash to spend get a 4 but if it's fine now, no real need, and for street driving might have trouble getting up to temp. I always hear ppl talking about running too cool, but for me, too cool is better then running over 200 all the time. I can't ever find 4 cores and when I do they are 2 times as much as a 3 core.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
why get a 3 core when i can get a 4 core,,it doesnt overheat now but im gona make dam sure it doesnt,,,bored motors tend to run hotter when abused so im just gona be safe

as for shifter linkage i wont be needing it cuz im getting the b&m starshifter
but the 350 turbo im getting is a short tail i think

Ironically, i just picked up a star shifter via CL lastnight, for $60.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how bout u mail it to me then bud????

nah shell run just fine i can get a 4 core for 75 bux,,ive got one in the shed but dont feel like cleaning it up

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
how bout u mail it to me then bud????

nah shell run just fine i can get a 4 core for 75 bux,,ive got one in the shed but dont feel like cleaning it up

i haven't even got it yet haha, waiting for the guy to send it off.

a stock 4-core will have no problems with your setup, my stock 4-core with a small 2500CFM fan is doing great, has never gone past 200