It'll buff out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
My opinion? Hell yeah! Fix it cheap but right, do some upgrading, and buy a 6-pack with what's left over and have a toast to your grand dad.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only buy cases lol. i meant any opinions on what upgrades to do. Im hoping to spenda bout a grand on gettin the body damage fixed, the rest is for upgrades

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Maybe some new headlights (since you already have to have one) billet grill, maybe some wheels, maybe a cowl hood since you've gotta have a hood too. Maybe a small lowering kit, if that's what you like.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was leveled in the back...then i decided to put the rear to stock and level the front. I plan to go back to be leveled in the back whenever i need new tires. I will definitly gettin new lights. Id like to do a cowl hood, but im hoping the truck im gonna go look at the salvage yard is all good body wise. That way its already painted the same color. Im not a fan of too much chrome either.

I may look into seeing how much it would cost to get my transmission improved upon. I mean it does have 200k miles and never been serviced. I just dont know how much more it can take. ALmost every weekend im pulling a trailer or have something in the bed. I also want to look into a tune or programmer. I sold the flashpaq in my sig with plans of gettin a tune but never did.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got SOME money from his insurance, and I somewhat started the tear down last night. I pulled the grill and bumper. The grill was really easy since there wasnt much left holding it on. I have never been further then this on a truck, so it should be somewhat interesting getting the rad. core support and fender. But Im thinkig it wont be too bad.

Here are a couple pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Any ideas on how to fix the frame would be appreciated. I have a few but never done anything like this so I figure I would ask.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
My insurance just informed me that his insurance will be payin half of the damage and I will get to keep my truck and wont have to buy it back. So with that $2200 I will be fixing the damage and probably doing a lil more work to the truck to make it more dependable that it already is. Im just not sure what to do.

Any opinions?
I would fight that judgement. the dude got a DWI. but i understand if you don't because it would delay any payment i'm sure. i HATE insurance companies for **** like this. had he been sober the wreck wouldn't have occured most likely.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would fight that judgement. the dude got a DWI. but i understand if you don't because it would delay any payment i'm sure. i HATE insurance companies for **** like this. had he been sober the wreck wouldn't have occured most likely.

I got screwed over worse than that. I only got 40% of what they thought the damage was. Which was alot less than what the quote was i got from the body shop. If I would have been driving my truck and and the location of the accident woulda been a lil different then i might fight it more. Just too many little variables that makes it not worth it. I believe I can fix the damage with what money im getting, so thats the important part.