Is there any tricks for getting these old front shocks out?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just got done cuting half a coil to bring me down to 5" up front. Everything is buttoned back up except for them stupid @$$ shocks! I got the bottom 2 bolts off the lower control arm but the top bolts are stuck like chuck! I believe they are the stock shocks and that top stud is rusted bad. And no i have never left the driveway with this truck having the stock shocks up front. I got a new set that i need to get in there before i start flinging wrenches and scaring my neighbors :893karatesmiley-thu lol. Please help, thanks in advance.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
You need to hit them with a map gas blow torch and a 1/2 in drive air impact. Heat is the key in my experience with stuck bolts. Penetrating oil doesn't do $hit

Reaction score
Hmmmm i didnt think of heating it up. And yeah i used a ton of PB blaster and it did no good! Having to hold it with a pair of locking pliers and loosen that bolt is a joke. The passenger side is in a bad spot!!!!!!!!! I may have to take a cut off wheel to it if the heat dont do the trick.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I agree if I can get a cutting wheel to it I would do that and go get another nut and bolt. Its not worth the frustration of dealing with a biznatch bolt...

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Break 'em, heat 'em, or cut 'em. Whatever it takes. Once they're that rusted there's no point in trying to save anything.