Is there a crank sensor relearn on a 96?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

milky9788

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got my reflashed computer (totally different serial number from my original one) and I keep getting P1336 ckp sensor variation not learned...my truck is a 96 C1500 5.7L/Auto

milky9788

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone???...and also once it gets warmed up (operating temp.) it stalls out and dies but it runs fine cold :hmm:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, thats a relearn code. you need a CASE relearn...a shop or someone with a TECH2 should be able to do it. but see what nelson has to say.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its probably going into some kind of limp mode, it doesn't know what position the crank is in and therefore its having issues trying to control the spark and injection, etc, sometimes they run fine without doing a CASE relearn, sometimes they don't...it shouldn't take a shop more than like 5-10 minutes to do it. just make sure they're ONLY doing a CASE relearn, not a reflash, the tech2 can also reflash a PCM back to stock, you don't want that since you spent your money on a tune for it.

milky9788

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its probably going into some kind of limp mode, it doesn't know what position the crank is in and therefore its having issues trying to control the spark and injection, etc, sometimes they run fine without doing a CASE relearn, sometimes they don't...it shouldn't take a shop more than like 5-10 minutes to do it. just make sure they're ONLY doing a CASE relearn, not a reflash, the tech2 can also reflash a PCM back to stock, you don't want that since you spent your money on a tune for it.

Awesome thanks for the information man...and I ended up sticking my stock pcm back in for the time being.