Interior touch up paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Auto body shop suppliers carry sem in cans. They have a pretty good match for that nuetral color you have. I have used the rattle cans and srayed paint into the cap and used a small sponge to touch up chips on dashes. The key is to use as many light coats ad possible because if you get it on there too wet, it will wrinkle the original dye at the edges. Let it dry well between coats and be patient.

Never tried a sponge. That would work pretty good IMO. I've used paper match sticks to touch up small areas. (Not the end that fires up!) And yea, light coats!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SEM is definitely the way to go. I bought 2 cans for my Duramax and I'm really impressed. When I sprayed the mount for my pillar gauges the spray was even, the nozzle didn't clog, and there was no odor (I only spray paint outside). Cheapest I found it online was $10.99 a can and shipping was like $2.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I've used the Colorbond aerosol's that LMC Truck sells. Good stuff and seems to hold up well. Color was spot on too. I just wish it wasn't $16 a can plus shipping.

I'd stay away from Duplicolor that's sold in most major auto parts stores. Never had good luck with their interior paint. Doesn't last and the color is never even close.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think ill give the color bond from lmc a try, is there a link you gents could help me with. I went to color bonds website and cant really decide what color I need. Kind of color blind. Brown is brown and red is red I cant tell a difference. You should watch me do electrical work! Its awesome