Interior touch up paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1997 gmc ext cab I think they call it tan or buckskin, lets face it, its brown. Is there any way to find a matching touch up pain?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
If you have an auto paint supply store near you, go check it out. Both of the ones I've been to near me have TONS of different cans of SEM. Ask if you can take a can out and compare the cap to your truck until you think you find it.

Or maybe someone has a specific color name or part number, but that's probably what I'm going to do for some interior pieces I'm going to paint.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have an auto paint supply store near you, go check it out. Both of the ones I've been to near me have TONS of different cans of SEM. Ask if you can take a can out and compare the cap to your truck until you think you find it.

Or maybe someone has a specific color name or part number, but that's probably what I'm going to do for some interior pieces I'm going to paint.

Im thinking that's the direction im headed. I wish I just had parts to do, but its the top of my dash that got screwed up. And I wont do a dash matt

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Dash mats = Blechhh!
Some auto body supply stores will make up custom colors or factory matched dyes for you. They can either put it into pint cans to be sprayed with an HVLP touch-up gun, or they can put it into aerosol cans for you.
To match the color the shops usually use a spectrum analyzer. The same thing they use to match colors of paint for touch-ups or color matching.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dash mats = Blechhh!
Some auto body supply stores will make up custom colors or factory matched dyes for you. They can either put it into pint cans to be sprayed with an HVLP touch-up gun, or they can put it into aerosol cans for you.
To match the color the shops usually use a spectrum analyzer. The same thing they use to match colors of paint for touch-ups or color matching.

I was really hoping I could find one of those finger nail polish looking bottles that would match. They are small spots. about a 3 dimes, most people would not notice is but its all I look at when I drive my pickup.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell I don't know what to do im scared it wont match, but anything is better then black spots on a brown dash

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Auto body shop suppliers carry sem in cans. They have a pretty good match for that nuetral color you have. I have used the rattle cans and srayed paint into the cap and used a small sponge to touch up chips on dashes. The key is to use as many light coats ad possible because if you get it on there too wet, it will wrinkle the original dye at the edges. Let it dry well between coats and be patient.