Installing a Remote Start, Alarm, or Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do these trucks all the time for $250 (keyless+remote starter) installed. I charge less when they don't have security ('96 and older). I use very good products and do top quality work.

I may have to raise my prices :cool:

i'd have no problem letting you set mine up for $250 :gr_grin:

Blaine Davies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Free wiring diagrams/cheat sheets also, bunch of info on whether you need a remote start bypass module for your vehicle, different transponder units for smart-key vehicles, pictures and different notes for most vehicles out there, even stuff for your Harley. I use this website for wiring for every remote start, keyless entry, 2-way remote start/keyless entry that I install, has wiring for stereos and things as well with locations and even manuals and step-by-step video installations.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx

hope this helps

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im running a compustar pro alarm/starter in mine, well worth the money to pay to get it installed lol

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 97 Z71 that I am wanting Keyless entry on. I wanted to ask if I get the factory replacement key fobs with lock and unluck for the doors, is there a chart on here on what to do to program them. I dont see one when I search for "FOB"

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is a relay needed for adding keyless entry? I installed everything but i have two wires out of the unit for power locks but isnt the lock system a reverse polarity setup?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Yes you need to make a 5wire relay or purchase a Dei 451m module that is a 5 wire micro relay. If you don't have a Dwi starter you can cut of the quick connect plug and spliced it into your power and lock and unlock signal from the unit.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone know haw to install factory keyless entry that uses a factory FOB on a truck that doesn't already have it installed? I have a 97 Z71 that has power locks but no keyless and I bought a key fob but now i'm told that my truck doesn't have the capability to connect it. I'm not very well versed in this stuff either so if you have any info I'll need it explained fairly well. Thanks guys!

itst9

Reaction score
As an update the remote starter unit has given me no trouble so far. Granted the remote start feature is only used in the winter. The door locks are also finally connected the only issue I have had is loose wiring in my door panel where I spliced in the door locks. After slamming the door the remote unlock feature would intermittently work. This has since been remediated by soldering the door connections just like the remote start connections installed earlier. As for the spare button in the remote It has not been connected to anything, still debating what I want that to do.

For people looking for a remote start/lock feature id recommend purchasing something aftermarket with the relays built in vs installing OEM. This way you can wire the unit in neatly (if you take your time) and don't have to worry about determining the RF code for the remote. Granted its a bit of a challenge to get it set up, if done correctly you will be glad you did it. I am yet to see an install go wrong but im sure it happens.