Installing a Remote Start, Alarm, or Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay i have a 97 c3500 with power door locks no key fab want to install a remote start and use remote locks what kit should i get six speed /
thanks
mac

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been on here in a while.

Depends on what you are looking for. Price, features, security, easy install?

My personal favorite for Remote Start and Security is the Python 5806P. It is a two way system with a ton of features. I recently installed one on a 2005 4door Kodiak pickup. Has a 1 mile range on the two way remote as well as 4 auxillary outputs for anything from window rollup/down to turning headlights or other features on/off from the remote. The Python 5706P is the same unit with an advanced remote with a LCD screen which has alerts and confirmations as well as temperature check from the remote. That all said, these units are pricey.

For basic remote start I sell more Python 413's then any other product. The Python 4806P is also a two way Remote start only with one mile range.

PM me if you would like more info. I keep many Python or Avital products in stock and can save you some $$ if you plan on installing yourself. I can also provide some documentation to assist with the install (wire colors/location/polarity). Your truck does not have any passlock, so no bypass is needed. You will need relays for the door locks, though.

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man thanks will let ya know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayfus

Reaction score
working on this old truck is way easier than all my newer stuff. ill be adding a remote start, keyless entry, and have to add the actuators. cheap n easy

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My prestige APS997E alarm is giving me problems so when I go to remote start it will start for a little bit then turn off then restart then again restart I think it does it twice or three times then the siren goes off can any of you members help me with this problem?
Thanks! RJ

Barrera92

Reaction score
I have a '96 c1500 Silverado, I don't see an AU0 code in the glovebox. I have power windows and locks however. Does this mean that I don't have any stock keyless entry capabilities at all? If i buy an OEM replacement fob, can I still code it to work on my truck by grounding the #4 and #8 pin on the DLC connector? Or will that no do anything at all? Id really like to have a stock system, all I want is keyless entry, I don't really need remote start.

K WERTH

Reaction score
I have a 97 c1500 regular cab that I'd like to put remote start in. Dont need anything too fancy, just remote start and possibly keyless entry. I know the truck has factory keyless entry via the glovebox code though I don't have a fob for it.

Basically I'd like some guidance on which kit to buy. I heard that Crimestopper is a good brand but still not sure what type of kit I need. Thanks

Cody9901

Reaction score
A quick question, do you need a relay to operate the doorlocks when you install a keyless entry system. Specifically a viper 3150v

Splat

Reaction score
For the newer trucks, I know 98's yes, you need a relay. I know on my 94 Suburban no relay was needed except to operate the parking lights for lock/unlock confirmation flash.

str8fan7

Reaction score
Does anyone know on the neutral safety switch on a 94 K1500 which color is the (-) input? I have a blue and a green leading into it and I am trying to hook up the neutral safety wire. I currently have it grounded to the chasis but I know that is not correct...

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My prestige APS997E alarm is giving me problems so when I go to remote start it will start for a little bit then turn off then restart then again restart I think it does it twice or three times then the siren goes off can any of you members help me with this problem?
Thanks! RJ

Guys what happened to why my remote start was giving me problems is because I changed out my trucks battery and since it was programmed using volts it lost the program or that's what the installer told me so on my 1993 GMC it's best to program the alarm using the tach wire off the coil the wire color is white or the white wire coming off the Drac.