Installed new heads and cam in my 1990 C3500 farm truck 7.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to add that I rebuilt the throttle body and added an adjustable pressure regulator and little fuel pressure guage from Jegs. I ordered a custom chip and high volume fuel pump from TBIchips.com too. Thanks for looking

attachment.php

Last edited:

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is just a picture of the passenger side. I had the plugs out cleaning them. They had some weird looking deposits on them that I chalked up to assembly lube burning off.

attachment.php

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drivers side. I made some redneck looking supports to keep the upper radiator hose out of the fan. Had the plugs out for cleaning. I burned the header coating a little before I noticed it was happening, which sucks.

attachment.php

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished product. The stock air cleaner housing definitely will not keep up with the air demand even with a K&N filter. I wanted to keep the stock housing cause it actually looks like a pretty dam good cold air intake to me. Unfortunately, I have to flip the air cleaner lid or it coughs and bogs down at WOT. I think I will get a big open element style housing for it to make sure it is not a bottle neck.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a base and lid from Summit, and got a Delco 14x4 inch element. I am simply guessing that will flow enough air.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
removed the bed to change the fuel pump, install a Reese hitch, and I intend to paint some rust inhibitor on the frame rails.

Last edited:

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice and clean! There are some mounts for a goose neck hitch that I might try to reuse.

Last edited:

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might be a redneck if you take the bed off your truck and can't resist seeing how well it can fry the tires that way. Although I really should have done this before I pressure washed. I flung rubber and tar all up the back of the cab, roof, and hood. stupid.

https://youtu.be/HUh_gaJu2CI

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used rust encapsulator from Eastwood. I had this left over from a mustang I was working on.

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 cans was almost enough. Better than it was anyway.