injectors dripping or running not spraying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok I know I saw before someone post about fuel injectors not spraying but dripping or running fuel.

well mines doing that, running out, flooding the engine to death, with both hooked up I have to floor the gas pedal and crank it forever and it sputters and sputters and finally starts, smokes raw fuel out the pipes, flooded TO DEATH!!!!!!! I can unplug one injector and it run but rough.

So tell me am I looking at injectors? or just tbi rebuild?

I am almost certain the cause was being almost out of fuel in tank and picked up trash or the fuel broke down into gummy varnish crap.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
it's dripping fuel while not running right..?

if so, then you need to replace the injector/s o rings...just buy a TB rebuild kit, it will have all the gaskets/seals/ and o'rings needed for a complete rebuild...it would also be a good idea to replace the fpr while it's apart....

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it will only run if I cram the pedal to the floor, then it sputs and sputters for awhile before it does run, smokes while trying to do so, with 1 injector unhooked either one makes no difference it'll start and run first try just rough.

fuel seems to be a heavy steady drip or more running thru like rich.

I kept seeing online last night alot had said CTS would cause such issues. I think I'm going to try it first, if not then tbi rebuild for sure.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it will only run if I cram the pedal to the floor, then it sputs and sputters for awhile before it does run, smokes while trying to do so, with 1 injector unhooked either one makes no difference it'll start and run first try just rough.

fuel seems to be a heavy steady drip or more running thru like rich.

I kept seeing online last night alot had said CTS would cause such issues. I think I'm going to try it first, if not then tbi rebuild for sure.

It runs rough when you unplug 1 because only 4 cyl. Are getting fuel. Definatly check cts and grounds on tstat housing stud.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
grounds I relocated.

it runs better or runs with the 1 side unhooked, with both hooked up it will not start unless I floor it and wait forever for it clear out some.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pretty sure CTS is the problem. I went out fired it up, ran rough died, restarted and it idled, higher then usual, checked spray and it was running not a fan spray more run then anything, and they were pulsing you could feel it hit and not, by holding your finger under the gas dropping.

I unhooked the cts and tried it, started the same, ran the same, ran gas out the injectors the same, pulsing and all, no spray just like huge runs.