im at a loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
so the blazer is running cold according to the temp sensor..... i've replaced the thermosat and checked fluid levels, checked the fan clutch..... all but replacing what i can only guess would be a faulty temp sensor. any ideas guys?

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
it did back in the winter when i still figured the thermostat was bad, which actually was.... anyhow, i'll check the heater.

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the sensor for the gauge or the computer? Feel the upper radiator hose and see if it gets hot.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
ok, so the upper radiator hose will get hot, not untouchable hot but lets say hotter than what is comfortable. the heater blows warm.... not hot. so i'm suspecting it's running accurate to the gauge reading.

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are talking about the sensor in the driver's side head, just take the wire off and ground it. If that pegs the gauge, then the sensor is bad. If there's no change, it's wiring or the gauge itself.