Ignition Lock Cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, went to replace my old lock cylinder... Got it all apart and can't get it out. I have it turned to theON position and have my pick in the little hole to push down the locking mechanism. Seems as if that piece is stuck. Any ideas how to free it up? Thanks!'

Brian.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you take a picture? I just tore apart a donor 90 steering column for 85 .. I had to replace both the cylinder and the gear behind it.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on the 90, there is a screw pin that holds the cylinder in place... the gear behind it just comes out with needle nose pliers... not sure if that's all what you meant... just make sure the lock cylinder and gears match the little teeth that the gear meshes into properly

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turn the tumbler a little bit... I changed one and although they say on position it actually slides out between the on and off position

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if ya need step by step pictures, I took some when I tore apart the 90 column and the 85, if they are the same