IFS Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nca2013

Reaction score
Can somebody please explain the proper way to remove the axle shafts? I'm replacing the inner seals, and have been fighting with this axle for hours. I have the entire axle out and the passenger side shaft out, but the drivers side (directly on the case) won't move. I've been using a slide hammer, and tried to get to it by pulling the ring gear.

Nca2013

Reaction score
I beat on that thing so hard I thought my ring gear was gonna come through the diff housing. I couldnt get it out at all. The lock ring on the shaft is just stuck I guess. I threw it all back together and put the axle back in the next day, but the seals bad and now I cant ever regear if I cant pull that shaft. So in a year or two I may be looking for a dana 60 and 14 bolt FF :hmm:

freeze

Reaction score
I would reccomend a 14 bolt semi float from a hummer h2. The axles are plenty big, you get a wider stance, u get disc brakes and a rear locker. Not sure what they go for these days but i picked mine up for $500

Nca2013

Reaction score
If im gonna spend thousands on a SAS id just go with one tons...there was a military cucv for sale around here about a month ago..37 inch military tires, dana 60 up front and 14 FF in the rear with 4.56s and a locker stock. I think id buy one of those and then sell the rest of the truck and my ifs and 10 bolt. The chevy dana 60s were passenger side drop I think..that'd be a pain.