IFS Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I not sure if anyone else on here is a subscriber of Peterson's Four Wheel Drive and Offroad magazine but in their latest issue they featured a new Ford with IFS as their lead vehicle for the Ultimate Adventure which is a week long journey over most terrains but ice and snow. I was curious because supposedly the IFS stood up to 40 in tires and the week of torture. Could this be a possible alternative to a SAS in the near future or would cost put it out of reach it sounds like a relatively good idea reading can be found here http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/ultima...111_ultimate_adventure_2011_part_1/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I watched the two videos. Not pleased about them using a new F150 I think they need to use an older F150 then see how much they really suck. Of course a brand new one will hold up.

I did not realize that Ford used torsion bars on the new trucks just like ours with IFS or do they?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The the OP and other members I've found the best videos are on youtube under ultimate adventure f150

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it would be unbelievably too expensive lol, if I remember correctly from one of the first issues featuring the build they took a rock jock 60 axle and cut it all up to turn it into a ifs front axle, so they basically hacked up a 4000 dollar axle. Crazy if you ask me cool but crazy