ideas for the next project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well guys i really am wanting a 4wd toy. nothing to crazy but something nice and daily.

my thoughts area a 92-94 2dr blazer black red or grey interior preferably one with front end damage and one which needs motor work.

stage 1 would be

esky front end swap/tow mirrors
454 rebuilt tbi swap/ rebuild 4l60e with shift kit 4.75 boost vavle
headers,intake with flowmaster exhaust dual 3.5'' tips
1.75'' lift shackels
tbark crank
and some polished 16.5'' rims on some 33'' tires
14 bolt sf swap with 4:10s
maybe some z71 stickers. lol
and if im lucky 454ss gauges cab lights and kodiak door handles.

but defenantly wile im doing all the work im relacing the fuel pump, shocks, brakes,and normal mantiance.

do you guys think this would be a solid starting point? any ideas?

im money is right i really want to start and find a blazer by june.

Last edited:

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah it would be over time the two man things would be the esky clip and motor to get it running. it would all be over probably a 3 year span with the tires,rearend,and motor comming from cl and such. but price is exaclty why im not trying to do much. lol i wish i had a huge budget, but dont we all. hoping to have a budget of around $2500 to $3200 as for the blazer itself my mom is on her way to geting a auction license, so im pretty sure i could score a good deal. big thanks to mom. haha

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well from what i have read, you would need the 4L80E with the 454, the 4L60E's case is way to weak for the power of the 454. Other than that it seems like a good plan.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
isnt the older verson of the 4l60 pre 96 the same a the 700r4, and 700r4s have been put behind 454ss.