IAC Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trstrugar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throwing codes for IAC valve/Wiring. The guy I bought the truck off of told me that the wiring was done incorrectly. I can't seem to find a harness and plug with anything but black wires. The original wires are colored I don't understand why the aftermarket ones are not, or how i can figure out where the wires are actually supposed to go.

LOUDRNU

Reaction score
Hello, what year & model truck are you referring too? I'm sure someone would be more than happy to chime in especially if they can compare to their truck.

-J

LOUDRNU

Reaction score
Also, after looking at my harness (not aftermarket) the IAC, TPS, & AC Compressor connectors are all on their own "splice" and also happen to be the first branch off or the main harness if you are following it from the bracket at the bottom of the Master cylinder towards the engine....So for example if I follow the connector backwards from both my AC compressor and Throttle position sensor, the other other connector available at that section of the harness is the IAC connector.

This is on my 99' Sierra Classic 5.7, not sure if it compares what so ever to what model you have factor or aftermarket...Hope this helps...Good Luck!!

Trstrugar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe I forgot to put all the truck info! Sorry about that. It's a 1994 k1500 5.7l 4x4 with a 700r4 tranny. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures here so I could better explain it

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the wiring. My retaining clip is broken but it's the side facing the camera.

You must be registered for see images attach

Trstrugar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about! See how the wires coming off of the plug connected to the valve are colored, all of the aftermarket ones are black, so it is unclear what they are supposed to be connected to. Right where they start to disappear from this picture is where mine are spliced to the original wires

Trstrugar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking if no one has any good wiring diagrams I may just look around a couple junk yards for an original so I can just color code it and be done with it

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wire colors will be the same in the loom, so use the colors from my pic to verify the wiring is correct.