I need a pic of a fuel gage on "full"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am replacing my lousy airtex fuel pump with a delphi unit. It will cure the jumpy gauge that I am experiencing, as those airtex senders are junk. I mean, my fuel gauge below 1/2 actually spins in circles hitting the oil pressure needle. I know its the sender because i pulled a friends cluster and his did the same in my truck, and my cluster was fine in his.

Anyhow, I want to make sure that I have the needle in the correct position, so I am looking for a pic of someone fuel gauge that shows where it goes to when full. I know its a little past the full mark, but I want to get it right.

Thanks!

Shawn

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If mine was full right now I'd snap you a pic, but I'm at 7/8 of a tank.

I can tell you though that it doesn't just go past full, it goes waaaaay past full. 1/8 of a tank-ish, maybe more.

Problem is; OEM fuel gauges are more of a "feel good" indicator than anything else. You almost have to run it empty and see what you get to a tank and then drive by the odometer.

That's what i do. Trick i learned a long time ago from motorcycles. I gauge when I need fuel by how many KMs I have on the trip. With the truck, I know when I get up around 550-600 kms it's time to start looking for a station.

If you haven't messed with the needle in the gauge cluster (IE" pulled it off the motor), I would just install the new sender and what ya get it what ya get. It will be as accurate as it was coming out of the factory...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am replacing my lousy airtex fuel pump with a delphi unit. It will cure the jumpy gauge that I am experiencing, as those airtex senders are junk. I mean, my fuel gauge below 1/2 actually spins in circles hitting the oil pressure needle. I know its the sender because i pulled a friends cluster and his did the same in my truck, and my cluster was fine in his.

Anyhow, I want to make sure that I have the needle in the correct position, so I am looking for a pic of someone fuel gauge that shows where it goes to when full. I know its a little past the full mark, but I want to get it right.

Thanks!

Shawn

Thats exactly what mine does, I had a shop do my fuel pump like 2 years ago got the Delphi pump and sender it still does it lol, pretty much always done it, gonna send my cluster out to have all the guages tested and correct the mileage and fix any issues for $180 not a bad deal

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: