I Love Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it when I got it because I didn't know how much carbon was built up in the engine. You may think your engine is running well and smooth, but after seafoam you won't believe how much better it'll run!

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
It's basiically a top end cleaner. It works on engines regardless of mileage. All engines get carbon build up eventually, and higher mileage engines usually have more. I pour it in slowly through the vaccum line as to not stall the engine. The idle surges, but it keeps running. Seems as the higher the mileage, the more it smokes.
In my expirience, the engine runs smoother afterwards.

Last edited:

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to buy a can too and give it a shot @ my next oil change.

Which vac line are you guys pouring it in ?
How long are you leaving it in your crankcase before changing your oil ?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah i might do it to. Ill video the smoke show, i got 119K never been done.

Like bigg g said what vaccum line, can you just suck it up through the pcv hose?

And my plugs will be ok right?

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Not to completely contradict myself but I did notice that I spilled some on the engine block and it smoked quite a bit on its own as well...Just as a side note.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah brake booster line. And they say run it in the crankcase minimum of 30 miles and max of 100 miles. Too bad I only had it for like 1 or 2.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i do it every oil change(3000 miles) i put about 1/4th a can on the vacuum line off of brake booster an then the rest in the tank ... great stuff also lucas oil treatment isnt too bad with it , treat your engine right an it will treat you right!

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yet you have the bucking syndrome like me :lol:

thats probably tranny related though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock-530