I Love Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
About two nights ago I turned on the Hoe right outside of QT and heard a loud ticking like a lifter. Well it went away in about a minute. Scared me, but I just hoped it'd go away and never come back like half the noises she makes. Then yesterday it started again and didn't stop. I thinking crap is a pushrod screwed up or something else inside the engine? Am I gonna have to put off getting new tires? So in desperation I bought some seafoam and dumped half a can into the crankcase and drove it to Sam's about a mile away. On the way to Sam's it just keeps ticking. And LOUD! In the parking lot it didn't stop and it was still ticking when I parked and turned it off. So going out to the car after picking up some ribs I'm preparing for the sound again and have the people stare at me thinking I drive a POS. I turn her on and it ticks for about 3 seconds and then it goes away! The oil came out black as Satan's heart and the engine purrs like a cat! Fixed the sticking lifter for $10!

And on a note unrelated to the engine, I cranked the torsion bars and now the front sits 1.5" higher and the Hoe sits level. :rocking:

Reaction score
That **** is unbelievable, used it once and now I'm a firm believer. Seafoam rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been considering buying a can to try it but need more details how it's best used in our GMT400 5.7 350's before dumping it in my engine.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I've been considering buying a can to try it but need more details how it's best used in our GMT400 5.7 350's before dumping it in my engine.

:word: I'm extremely cautious about trying this, I have over 230k on my motor and I know I have alot of carbon build up, I really don't want to burn out a valve.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I've used it in my 'Burb, the Tahoe, and the dually.
When I had the intake gaskets done on the Tahoe (85k), the mechanic said it was the cleanest top end he had ever seen.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it in the Hoe at 170,000 and 180,000. In my sister's POS Jeep and Isuzu and made them run better.
And my dad's truck with 270,000 miles on it and it has the 350 so it'll be fine. You'll be amazed at how much better it runs!
Just put half a can in the crankcase and change the oil 50-100 miles later and the other half in through the brake booster vacuum line. Then maybe a whole can in the gas tank if you want. My dad's friend put some in his Corvette (freakin rich middle aged guy) and swears by it now

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
I am a supporter aswell. My truck has 399,*** km on it and it worked fine. I followed the directions pretty well. I made sure it was warmed up, popped the hood and pulled off the brake booster vac line. I poored about 3/4 of the can of sea foam into the engine and killed it right away. I let it sit for about 20mins. Then fired it up and gave it **** for a couple km until it stopped smoking. It worked great. Engine sounded better and a boat load of smoke came out the back.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are y'all doing these because your running bad or is it a last ditch effort type deal.

If its running decent is it worth the risk?