I just added another OBS to my fleet...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 Suburban.

You must be registered for see images attach

Valkyrie5.7

Thrashaholic
Reaction score
The console/buckets in navy is the mirror image of my interior. You sir, have great taste. lol.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a couple of SES codes (P0141: O2 sensor and P0340: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit) that I need to work out. I'm not so worried about the 0141, but I think the 0340 is causing some noticeable issues. Also, the a/c blows cold in back, but not up front. I'm hoping it's a low charge issue. It was said the truck has been parked for over a year. It's totally believable since the inspection's been out since 02/08. I'm hoping that might play some role in the a/c. Beyond that, there are no mechanical issues. Engine runs smooth, no leaks, transmission shifts smooth, tires are good.

An older couple owned it. They traded it on a new truck. They bought it from this dealership (same salesperson too) 7 years ago. The interior is really clean. There are some small stains in the carpet in the cargo area, but the rest is all clean. Seats are all clean and don't show heavy wear. It's just really nice. The body is really good for the most part. Something got dragged across the left taillight and caught the body and the right side of the rear bumper got hit and pushed into the body. It's been raining so I haven't looked, but I believe I have another rear bumper in my dad's backyard.

As for the future, the first things that need to go are the luggage rack and Ventshades. My '94 is going to be relegated to less-than-daily duties, so I'm going to swap the TYC Elegante head and parking lights over as well as the LED tails. The '94 has HIDs, but I'll probably just leave them in there and buy a new HID kit for the Sub. Window tint is pretty high on the list too.

I have this bumper that I got from a friend to go on the '94, but I think I'll reserve it for the Sub as well. I need some bigger fog lights to fill the holes better and then get it painted:

It's also in major need of an altitude adjustment for sure. I have some 3" DJM control arms and 2" shackles that I could go ahead and put on, but I haven't measured it out yet and I'm afraid only 2" in the rear would give me more rake than I'd like. Once it goes down, I'll pull the running boards.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NICE BURB !!!!

Looks like you got yourself a nice clean 1 too.

I'm considering buying 1 but not until my Silvy is done. They're selling pretty cheap between here and the DC/VA area plus I'll need something with a trailer hitch to trailer the bike.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do work for dealerships, so I get to keep an eye on what's out there. I've been looking for a while. There are 4 '98-'99 Suburbans at my dealerships right now and this is by far the pick of the litter. The others are in pretty sad shape comparatively. I really couldn't afford another vehicle, but with 2 boys already and the family growing by one more this summer, a CTS and extended cab pickup just weren't going to cut it. I didn't see being able to find something nearly as nice for so little money anytime soon, so I jumped on this one.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely.

Mod #1 was done within a couple of minutes of it hitting my driveway. I killed the DRLs. But there's really nothing to show there. lol