HVAC No Airflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChRoNo16

Reaction score
1997 K1500 Extended cab 4x4

So the issue I am having is that there is no air coming out from any vents, I have removed the Fan, used air to blow out all the areas i could reach, opened the bottom of the box to check for mouse nests, Why is the air not moving from the blower fan to the vents?

Did the 97 year come with a Cabin air filter? I dont think so, I cannot find one..

I am very confused

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need to check if the flapper selection modules are working. The air exit selections. Whether defrost, center vents , combo, or lower outlets. One by the accelerator, one new the fan out board side. And one between fan and firewall.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The air will be coming out somewhere. If not the front vents or floor vents, then definitely the left side of the defrost vents because there's an opening in the heater box that has no door up there. If you look above and to the right of your accelerator, you should see the mode door actuator assembly and two extensions with springs in them.

You must be registered for see images attach

The left extension (closer to firewall) actuates the defrost vent, the other actuates the face vents. The actuator turns the floor vent directly. You can watch this actuator and see if it moves when you turn the mode select knob on the control head. If it moves, the actuator is probably fine, and if you're missing springs then that's almost definitely your problem in total.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The air will be coming out somewhere. If not the front vents or floor vents, then definitely the left side of the defrost vents because there's an opening in the heater box that has no door up there. If you look above and to the right of your accelerator, you should see the mode door actuator assembly and two extensions with springs in them.

The left extension (closer to firewall) actuates the defrost vent, the other actuates the face vents. The actuator turns the floor vent directly. You can watch this actuator and see if it moves when you turn the mode select knob on the control head. If it moves, the actuator is probably fine, and if you're missing springs then that's almost definitely your problem in total.
Man that pic looks familiar. Except for that hastily-drawn yellow circle. ;)

Richard

ChRoNo16

Reaction score
Previous owner had replaced the blower motor.. I remember him telling me when I bought it, that the heat did not work.

Today- Dad and I were out with the scope camera verifying that every door opens and closes (and they were, just fine)

Turns out.. Previous owner had wired the blower motor backwards... It was running full speed, just in reverse.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The good news: with the aid of the above photo, I freed my stuck vent door.
The bad news: when it freed the spring thing flew apart. And doesn't look like it wants to go back together. One step forward, two steps back...