Hvac blower on high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I start up the 96 hoe this morning and go to turn on the heat. Turn the fan speed and poof a “short”? Radio turned off then came back on bu no fan.. ff to when I get home check fuses.. #12 was busted - htr/ac. So I replace it. And now only have high.. did it blow the resistor? How can I check? Replaced it when I got it not too long ago so I would be a little pissed as it was a pita with my big hands..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Resistor. Either the new one I put in was cheap or something shorted it.. also changed relay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your fan is making any noise, e.g. dragging which they frequently do as the bearings get shot, it will cause that resistor to heat up and blow sooner. I would not be surprised if your bearings in the fan motor are getting stiff and causing that. If it happens again I would definitely look at the blower motor as a possible source of the underlying problem .

Last edited: