Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idk ill might just buy an RCX 6 and just roll on the boggers till there toast then get some new 35's. P2 how much $$$ did you spend on all your frontend rebuild stuff?

Around $400 for all moog stuff. Pitman, idler an bracket, all 4 Tie rods an adjusters, all 4 ball joints, end links an away bar bushings. Best price was rock auto with the code....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Around $400 for all moog stuff. Pitman, idler an bracket, all 4 Tie rods an adjusters, all 4 ball joints, end links an away bar bushings. Best price was rock auto with the code....

Not to bad... I already have a new pitman arm and new wheel bearings to put on it!

BIGBLAZER

Reaction score
looking to do the same thing on my blazer in the spring.. pretty well needs everything in the front end before i put new tires on which will pry happen around the same time.. what is the code for rock auto.. i priced everythin i need and the best i could come up with was bout 450 shipped that was only some moog parts.. does gmt400 members have a code we can use?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
ok o I'm having some running issues and i posted this in the chat thread but i wanted to post it in here to get a few ideas. It started this a few months ago, i cranked it up and it was misfiring. i made it about 30yards down my driveway and it died. changed the cap, rotor and ignition module and it still wouldn't start, but if i advanced the timing it would run. so I changed the distributor cause it was knocking when I was adjusting the timing. So new distributor set it at 0° timing and it idles great but if you give it throttle it'll pop back thru the intake and it will not restart if you kill it. if I set it 18° advanced it runs good and I can rev it and it sounds great but when you put it under a load it detonates and looses power. And it won't go over 40mph. it has a new distributer and new spark plugs. So what I'm thinking is maybe slightly low fuel pressure causing it to run bad, but idk. so I'm going today and getting a new fuel filter & plug wires. Then if that doesn't do it my next move is to check the fuel pressure. any suggestions?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Oh and i put the regular ACDelco plugs in there. should i get rapid fires or something else? and what should i set the gap to?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gap for tbi is .035 you should be ok with the regular plugs. I'm not a fan of platinum though. I'm running regular ngk in mine....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Welp after a new distributor, plugs, wires and a fuel filter. A new coil fixed it. Man it really had me puzzled because it had fire but obviously not enough! Oh we'll she runs now!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Good to hear! I sure wish our TBI's were better at telling us what is wrong with them when they are sick ha.