Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Body lift is coming off because it is way to high for only 35's!

This is my front bumper, but it will get a skid plate added to the bottom. And both bumpers will be painted black. Mayb bedlined. And still contemplating bedlining the whole truck!

You must be registered for see images attach

Makes sense! And If since she's your trail rig, it couldn't hurt! And would look pretty badass. I tried convincing my dad to bedline his Porsche 944 track car, but he said hell no cause it would weigh it down like crazy. Haha. On a truck, I don't think it would have an impact like that haha

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Body lift is coming off because it is way to high for only 35's!

This is my front bumper, but it will get a skid plate added to the bottom. And both bumpers will be painted black. Mayb bedlined. And still contemplating bedlining the whole truck!

Sweet! How much did you pay for that one?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Makes sense! And If since she's your trail rig, it couldn't hurt! And would look pretty badass. I tried convincing my dad to bedline his Porsche 944 track car, but he said hell no cause it would weigh it down like crazy. Haha. On a truck, I don't think it would have an impact like that haha

From what I've read it take about 3 bottles of raptor liner to do a whole truck, which only adds around 40-50lbs if that!

Sweet! How much did you pay for that one?

FREE.99 My cousin gave it to me! but it will be getting some skidplates on the bottom like the tag bumpers have.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Here's a few more pics I've taken lately...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
man, in some pics the stance looks just fine with the 35's

you are right but in real life its a little high! and I think the rake is whats killing it! with that trailer it aint so bad, 1 because the trailers heavy duty, and 2 4 guys can barely lift that swing set! lol

Edit: so i need you to put your lift on 3/4 springs, 2" blocks and crank level on 35's so i can see if thats what i need to do! lol

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Maybe try pulling the AAL

To make the truck level:

pull the AAL and leave the BL

pull the BL and crank the front

Depending on how it looks- you'd get a softer ride leaving the BL :shrug: I'm not sure what I would do... I'll have to decide soon enough

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Hunter, wrong thread for this comment, but have you ever thought about picking up some NNBS Texas edition rims for the '97? They are pretty popular around here. I once saw a Z71 OBS with these and it was jaw-dropping:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Maybe try pulling the AAL

To make the truck level:

pull the AAL and leave the BL

pull the BL and crank the front

Depending on how it looks- you'd get a softer ride leaving the BL :shrug: I'm not sure what I would do... I'll have to decide soon enough

yeh i really think I'm just going to remove the body lift get the 3/4 torsion bars and leafs and just crank it level. That way they will help with towing and the weight of the bumpers & winch!

Hunter, wrong thread for this comment, but have you ever thought about picking up some NNBS Texas edition rims for the '97? They are pretty popular around here. I once saw a Z71 OBS with these and it was jaw-dropping:

I thought of it but i really like my 17's i think the 20's would be to big. just my preference though! I do think the truck would look sick with a 2" body lift, 1.5" wheel spacers f&r and some 33X12.50r17 Toyo Open Country MT's. but that probably wont ever happen because i dont plan on keeping that truck much longer. hopefully!