How to tighten this ball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would trim the bumper to get the socket on it. Of course I would also put a pipe wrench on it. That “chrome” is usually pretty hard. If it does mar it you can file the nubs off.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
On a 1500 with a 5/7 drop I don't know if I would want a traditional receiver hitch under the bumper hanging down that low. However, I wonder how well a roll pan style hitch would work when you want to retain a regular rear bumper? I guess it could work fine, I've just never done it - always had a roll pan instead.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach
I figured the position would be centered up just fine if you trimmed that spot behind the plate, but how does it do for interference on the old ball mount pad area on the bumper, when you install the hitch?

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a 1500 with a 5/7 drop I don't know if I would want a traditional receiver hitch under the bumper hanging down that low. However, I wonder how well a roll pan style hitch would work when you want to retain a regular rear bumper? I guess it could work fine, I've just never done it - always had a roll pan instead.

Richard
On my cateye and 98 I have a hidden hitch and regular bumpers. I have a flip down plate on the cateye and will just remove the plate on the 98. I'm not anti rollpan, just not the look I wanted on either truck.