How to Smoke those lights of yours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Im goin to use some corners for an example first thing first get them lenses prepped. Wipe them down real good with a wax and grease remover. Then take a red scotchbrite pad and scuff the lense up real good until you know longer see any shine. If you want to sand the letters off use a peice of 400 grit paper and just go over them by hand. i would I use anything more agressive as the clear may not fill in the sand marks. Wipe the lens down again with the wax and grease remover. Then I use this product Bulldog midcoat
You must be registered for see images attach

Its a promotor to help paint stick to plastic spray an even coat of this over the lenses.

Then get your clear ready after you have your clear reay mix a lil bit of black paint into it. They say a 10:1 ratio is good. Then spray even coats over your lenses till satisfied.{note corners are the hardest lense to do becuase of the reflection}

The pics make it look like the coats are not even becuase of the flash and the reflecter. Let them dry I usually let em dry overnight. If you feel like they need buffed the lightly wetsand with 1500 grit and buff.

Edit If your doing a glass lights such as fog lights you are going to use some thing aggressive such as 80 grit.

Last edited:

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill have to check this out at home..damn military computers blocking all the images i believe