How to modify ac blower box for a tubbed firewall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGONZO

Reaction score
So I just tubbed my firewall and now I need help on how to section the blower box and still have my a/c and heater function normal. Any advice or pics of ones previously done would help. Sorry if this post is not related to where I posted it to I'm new to this.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The way we have done it is to remove the assmebly, and drill through just the fresh air duct inlet plastic welds, and remove just that piece and it's blend motor, then seal off the fresh air intake on the underneath of the cowl with a piece of sheetmetal and you are done. This way the heat and air both work on all speeds correctly and it doesn't freeze up, it's just on permanent recirculate which is where I always run mine anyway. You don't have to do any other mods to the under dash box, also this will clear pretty large tubs, not just small tubs.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I don't but hopefully one of them will chime in and post one. I just never have gotten a pic of it.

DGONZO

Reaction score
You are talking about the box right in front of the blower motor facing the firewall correct? Do you leave a area open for air to come in? Or seal it off completely?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes the entire HVAC box, just remove the fresh air inlet duct and servo motor, and leave the box be, no need to do anything else to it. Just seal off the inlet of the cowl.