How to lift the box off the safest way?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlytle

Reaction score
I’m getting all the material together to pull my bed and don’t have access to my Haynes manual right now. Does anyone know what size socket i will need? The truck is a 91 k1500.
Thanks
Danny

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
the box anmost caved in? there must be some serious structure problem there. as for me me and my dad have lifted um off before also

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
It was pretty rusted, but not too rusted. not sure why but it almost did. and im thinkin about just liftin it with my buddy and settin er down behind, then bringin the truck over

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've removed the bed from my lowered short bed with two guys. My 3/4 ton short bed took 3 guys (must be the flares LOL). Pull the tailgate off before to remove a little more weight.

My old long bed took 3 guys. Not really much heavier.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m getting all the material together to pull my bed and don’t have access to my Haynes manual right now. Does anyone know what size socket i will need? The truck is a 91 k1500.
Thanks
Danny

Going from memory...

8ea 18mm
3ea T25 or T30 Torx
1ea 13mm (ground at rear tail light harness)
1ea 10mm (filler ground strap)

If you have a trailer hitch, you may/may not need to remove it to get to the rear bed bolts. I had to remove it on my K2500, my father just pulled his bed and did not have to remove the hitch. I would imagine each hitch is different.

dlytle

Reaction score
Thanks. That was a big help. It will save me a lot of time not having to trying different sizes and also talked me into buying a new tool kit!