How To: Install HID 's & HID Lighting Explained

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, will keep in mind.. I think I like the 5k better though. I wonder how it would look with clear housings instead of the stock OEM's......hmmmm

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel like a woman constantly changing my mind..lol

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! I hope this will be helpful for people when deciding which route to go!

Thanks, will keep in mind.. I think I like the 5k better though. I wonder how it would look with clear housings instead of the stock OEM's......hmmmm

In the last picture, you can see what 5K HID's look like in clear headlight housings on my 94' GMC, the first picture in the OEM housings was to show the color differance between 5K HID's and Sylvania Silverstar Ultras! My clear headlight housings also have the glare cap on the low beams!

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my Anzo clears not too long ago, and have yet to install them, but is it really THAT bad to run HIDs without glare caps?? The Anzos don't have them, and I don't want to make it so bad, that people can't see period when going by me...

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice write up now I see clearly (pun intended) on how to install this set up!!! Will be ordering my 6 Hi soon Mean Green!!!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my Anzo clears not too long ago, and have yet to install them, but is it really THAT bad to run HIDs without glare caps?? The Anzos don't have them, and I don't want to make it so bad, that people can't see period when going by me...

There is far worse folks out there doing much worse then running HID's without glare caps, Anzo makes a good quality light so just be sure to aim them properly and you should be good to go! I just recommnend to people when they are looking for headlight housings to find a set with glare caps in them. Like I said though, just aim them properly and you shouldn't be causing anyone problems!