How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Collector

Reaction score
Well I am confused. My truck is torn apart. And I do not know how to wire the two wire temp sensor. Please help!!

94Z71er

Reaction score
New to this forum! Love all the info. Hopefully I can contribute in the near future.

Got a question, I have a 94 Z71 ext cab and I just bought a overhead console with the DIC. But I actually did take the wire harness that it plugged into. But I unplugged the other end right behind the fuse box. So my question is this, how do I hook this up? Do I need to go back and get the other end of the harness behind the dash?

94Z71er

Reaction score
Ok so everything is hooked up and working properly. Except two things. I dont know where to connect the VSS wire to in this connector:
You must be registered for see images attach

And the other thing is on my regular DIC it displays OC where the temperature is suppose to be. Whats going on? Thanks!

The Collector

Reaction score
Do you have a temp sensor mirror if not your truck probably doesn't have a temp sensor. U will have to pick one up

94Z71er

Reaction score
I have the temp sensor hooked up. Could it be that I hooked it up wrong?

How about the vss wire?

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Alrighty. Read the whole thread, have a couple questions

I pulled a DIC and harness (down to the side of the dash and cut it) from a '00 TrailBlazer edition S10 Blazer. It is the short style with all functions. My truck is a '96, running a '98 drivetrain, a frankenstein harness, and an '02 411 PCM. The headlight and engine harnesses are from the same '98 Suburban that had a comp/temp mirror, so I already have the temp sender in place. The dash harness is from a '00 2500 4WD (454), I'm not sure if it had a comp/temp mirror, but the harness was there (blue plug) to plug my mirror into. My taillight and fuel pump harnesses are still '96, but that will change in the next couple weeks when I change the fuel pump to accommodate the later harness (mainly so my fuel gauge and brake lights finally work!).

My questions are -
Though the harness was there, my mirror is not working. I have swapped in two others to be sure, and none of them do. Why would this be?
Once I figure out why they aren't working, could I use the existing wires from the mirror harness to run the DIC?

Thanks

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
installed mine yesterday, works great, looks great. good job on the write up this is a huge upgrade to our trucks.